Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Christmas to Remember...or maybe forget!











This was definitely a Christmas to remember...or maybe forget! We started off with the good news of dad's PET scan coming back clear (what a relief!) and we were looking forward to a great week of celebration. On Tuesday, we found out that Chase had Pneumonia and was contagious and could not be around dad (since we are trying to keep him healthy before starting chemo.) It was a bummer, but we just postponed Christmas a few days...until we all got the stomach bug on Christmas Eve! What a disaster...sure not what I pictured this week would be. Thank goodness we had already had Christmas with Scott's family the weekend before! Nevertheless, we have lots to be thankful for and have had a very blessed year! The kids got more than they could ever play with. Presley got a new selection of dress up clothes and a tricycle. Chase enjoy the paper and bows, but had a HUGE week of 1st! He's now sitting up, crawling, trying to pull up on things and tonight he finally ate some veggies! I'm amazed how fast he is growing and changing! Hope everyone saw the REAL SPIRIT of the season!




2 comments:

The Keylors said...

I'm sorry you had a rough Christmas! We had a Thanksgiving like that one year, but it didn't strike until the family was all together...stomach flu for 8...horrible! It definitely makes you appreciate good health and easier holidays. ha!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Chase has been busy. We are keeping your dad in our prayers. Sorry Christmas was so sickly! I read that and thought, "oh, I hope Lilly isn't sick on her first Christmas"...then, duh-she just had her first Christmas. I love Presley's quotes...and I think she might be right about princesses and ponytails.