Scott and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! It is really hard to believe that we tied the knot that long ago - although it's very easy to tell when you look at pictures of us (Young and Skinny!) It has been the fastest and the best 10 years of my life! I can't wait to see what the next 10, 20 , 30, etc...years have to hold! To celebrate, we went to Chicago. Neither one of us had ever been there, but we loved it and would love to go back one day! The food was incredible...The Luxe Cafe was our favorite! As you can see that we had to try the deep dish pizza - I don't know how anyone can finish one of those! We went to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs and the Cardinals play. I got a ball at batting practice. We tried to do a little something educational, so we visited the Field Museum. They were having the 10th anniversary of the discovery of Sue the largest T-Rex ever found. It was pretty cool because we got to hear the lady that found her speak. We thought the city was really neat and clean and had lots of beautiful old buildings to look at...and newer ones like the Sears Tower. One thing that shocked us was how many homeless people there were with their kids sitting around. It was so sad and there is no telling how much money we gave out. I walked around crying every night wondering why I didn't bring my leftovers from dinner to these poor kids. Their were also lots of entertaining people on the streets. Their was a silver and a gold guy (head to toe) that danced to Micheal Jackson songs, a one man band, singers and dancers, and several guys playing 5 gallon buckets as drums. One of the pictures was the best little guys we saw. He was unbelievable on his bucket and would challenge anyone. Again, it was a fabulous trip and I can't wait to do it again sometime! Oh...and the best part was the shopping!!! Loved the Magnificent Mile!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
10 Years!
Scott and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary! It is really hard to believe that we tied the knot that long ago - although it's very easy to tell when you look at pictures of us (Young and Skinny!) It has been the fastest and the best 10 years of my life! I can't wait to see what the next 10, 20 , 30, etc...years have to hold! To celebrate, we went to Chicago. Neither one of us had ever been there, but we loved it and would love to go back one day! The food was incredible...The Luxe Cafe was our favorite! As you can see that we had to try the deep dish pizza - I don't know how anyone can finish one of those! We went to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs and the Cardinals play. I got a ball at batting practice. We tried to do a little something educational, so we visited the Field Museum. They were having the 10th anniversary of the discovery of Sue the largest T-Rex ever found. It was pretty cool because we got to hear the lady that found her speak. We thought the city was really neat and clean and had lots of beautiful old buildings to look at...and newer ones like the Sears Tower. One thing that shocked us was how many homeless people there were with their kids sitting around. It was so sad and there is no telling how much money we gave out. I walked around crying every night wondering why I didn't bring my leftovers from dinner to these poor kids. Their were also lots of entertaining people on the streets. Their was a silver and a gold guy (head to toe) that danced to Micheal Jackson songs, a one man band, singers and dancers, and several guys playing 5 gallon buckets as drums. One of the pictures was the best little guys we saw. He was unbelievable on his bucket and would challenge anyone. Again, it was a fabulous trip and I can't wait to do it again sometime! Oh...and the best part was the shopping!!! Loved the Magnificent Mile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
How fun! I remember your engagment night. : )It sure doesn't seem like that long ago.
We are wanting to go to Chicago too. : ) You'll have to write down your favorite parts so we can put them on our list.
Congratulations on 10 years!!
Congratulations! Cobb looks like such a little boy in that picture!! Glad you guys had a great trip. I love that you all have such big hearts for the homeless families. Praying you all have many many more happy years together!!
Post a Comment